Friday, January 19, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Accounting for Hope

Accounting for Hope

1Peter 3:15
...Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

A friend asked me this week how she could support my ministry. I made a joke about sending thousands of dollars. The truth is I'm not good at telling this part of the Acorn Ministries story because it has been the most challenging aspect of pursuing this dream.

My greatest frustrations have been about money. From the beginning I knew that it was God that would provide for this ministry. But as the four years have marched past, I realize that it is through people that God does this providing.

So, what is the reason for my hope? The source of my hope is the living God who sustains me. Regarding the dream of Acorn Ministries, this too lies completely in the hands of God. My job is to trust and obey.

I've added a new link on this blog called:
Acorn Ministries HOPE List

No comments: