Friday, December 22, 2006

Acorn Build Up: Word and Deed (12/22)

Word and Deed

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

I spend most of my time around religious people, and happen to be one. We (religious people) must be some of the most sacrificing groups of people in existence. We sacrifice for our various ministries constantly. Granted, much of the work we do is good stuff, but at what cost?

I am going take a break from my sacrificing work for the next week and do what is right. I plan to invest this time in my family, who, by the way, tends to sacrifice a lot for my work. My hope and expectation is that this will be acceptable to the LORD.

I intend to start posting the Daily Build Up on January 1st (subscribers will receive this by email on January 2nd).

Merry Christmas! May God bless you richly in the coming year.
Lon

No comments: