Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Acorn Build Up: Guest Encourager (12/19)

God the Great Gift Giver

Proverbs 18: 16
A gift opens the way for the giver and ushers him into the presence of the great.

So often we hear comments being made about materialism during the holiday season. As I have been in the final throws of buying and making gifts for my loved ones, I have been intentionally mindful of the precious gift that God gave each of us. I have remembered that God spared no expense in His gift of Jesus Christ to us and of the fact that He gave us this gift because He wants to, NOT because He is obligated or has to give us anything. So, as I am making my last minute purchases, I am following the example of the Great Gift Giver and choosing gifts that are meaningful and an expression of my love for those I am remembering this Christmas.

May you too be mindful of that precious Gift that was given by God Himself to all of us. Merry Christmas and may you experience God’s blessings throughout this holiday season.

Sandy Egle

No comments: