Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Introducing "Heart Starters"

I attend a LOT of meetings! And, a LOT of the meetings I attend are church meetings! I struggle with the fact that church meetings don't look much different than the secular meetings I attend.

Wouldn't it be great
if we could engage in an activity that would change the tone of the meeting? And, wouldn't it be great if these activities focused the meeting on God? And wouldn't it be great if along the way the participants grew together as people, parts of the body of Christ?

I answered "yes" to all three and began developing "Heart Starters: Defibrillation for the Heart of Christian Meetings". Heart Starters are simple activities designed to change the look of our church meetings! And [drum roll please] it is FREE!

Here's the first one:

files.me.com/lon.alderman/b357ja

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If you like these, please let me know and I'll share more of them!

Thanks!
Lon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lon, this is an excellent concept and your first "Heart Starter" is a great one. Ask me sometime about the values activity I have used in meetings and just tried it for the first time with a group of 150. I think it might make a good "Heart Starter" too.

Your friend,
Mark

Lon Alderman said...

Thanks for the great feedback, Mark! I would LOVE to hear about the values exercise and would be thrilled to press it into the Heart Starters format! Again, you are a huge blessing to me!

Thank you!
Lon