Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dancing in the Church, by Lon Alderman

First, thank you to Bill Allison at Cadre Ministries for turning me on to this video! You can see Bill's take on this video at his blog, Cup O' Joe with Bill. Thank you, Bill!



This is an awesome example of contagious behavior! The man's dance is contagious, not pretty, just contagious! He doesn't invite or coerce anyone to join him, he just dances! People join him because it looks like something they want to be a part of. Frankly, it looks fun!!

I look around the Church and, generally speaking, I don't see much dancing. I don't see much uninhibited praising of the Lord. I don't see much that I want to join!

We tell people to join us in the Church because they will find joy in God, but we don't dance ourselves! We sit around playing the music and expect people to show up and dance to the music...

Luke 7:31-32 Jesus said,
"To what, then, can I compare the people of this generation? What are they like? They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to each other:
" 'We played the flute for you,
and you did not dance...' "

But, what if we danced?

Lon Alderman
www.AcornMinistries.com
Over 350 additional posts at: Daily Build UP

No comments: