Monday, June 15, 2009

Around the Corner, by Lon Alderman

This is another "re-post" (10-13-06) and it happens to have been my very first Build UP! Mark Sturgell's post reminded me of it. Thanks, Mark!

For most of my life I have looked for joy around the next corner. I'd think,
"If I could just get through high school, then I'd be happy."

Later in life I continued that same kind of thinking, "If I only had a bigger house, a better job, or a newer car, then I'd be happy."

Then I read what Jesus said:

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." (John 15:9-11 NIV)

Christ's joy is available to me here and now, not around the next corner! If I obey Christ's commands, I will remain in Christ's love. If I remain in Christ's love, then complete joy is available to me RIGHT NOW!

I pray that you will experience the joy of Christ, today!

Lon
www.AcornMinistries.com

1 comment:

Mark Sturgell said...

What if we danced? What if we ran to join in the dance? I do not remember a single instance in my lifetime that people ran to join in "church".

People are attracted by spirit. Few churches have a spirit that is attracting people in a way that this young man did with his spiritful dance.

In fact, if heaven is anything like our church, who wants to go?

We must fill the church with spirit-filled dancing. We must desire to run to church so that others will follow. We must ensure that our church is a reflection of the joy we will find in heaven, or few will ever find it.

Great post, Lon. Keep dancing.