Monday, October 13, 2008

What's your attitude?, by Rachel Smith

Today a friend of mine called to get a jump for her van that decided to stop working. I must admit I always find these random events intriguing. I think about God and often wonder what He has planned with this one. So I got into my van and headed to the local Dairy Queen to help her out.

Now I have to say, if you are going to get stranded Dairy Queen is a great place to do it. I pulled in and from the angle I was noticed I would have to wait for a car to move to get to my friends van. So I waited. And in this very ordinary, very boring everyday occurrence God moved. Right there in the Dairy Queen parking lot. Right in plain sight. Well, plain to anyone looking for God.

I waited for this car to back out and noticed the two people in it bickering.
They grumped and grumbled. I couldn't really tell what was being said, but I know angry when I see it. Then I realized it was me they were mad at. They gestured my way and grumped some more. I smiled.

The car had plenty of room to back out and I was in no hurry (my friend certainly wasn't going anywhere) but these two women were not happy. That's when the irony hit me.

Really shouldn't my friend be grumpy? After all her van broke down! Or me- I was inconvenienced by a needy friend. But nope, the ice cream women were not happy over having to move. I grinned as I saw their WWJD bumper sticker pull out of the parking lot.

Philippians 2:5
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus

No comments: