Thursday, October 23, 2008

Anniversary Post, by Lon Alderman

I began this blog in October 2006. During these two years I've posted 300 messages! In that time we have encouraged people from more than 25 foreign countries! It has been a great and blessed journey! I want to thank all of you who have contributed, including the following guest contributors: Rachel Smith, Jarvis, and Sandy Egle.

To celebrate our two year anniversary, I decided to re-post the very first Build UP (below). Please be encouraged!
- Lon


For most of my life I have looked for joy around the next corner. I'd think,
"If I could just get through high school, then I'd be happy."

Later in life I continued that same kind of thinking, "If I only had a bigger house, a better job, or a newer car, then I'd be happy."

Then I read what Jesus said:

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." (John 15:9-11 NIV)

Christ's joy is available to me here and now, not around the next corner! If I obey Christ's commands, I will remain in Christ's love. If I remain in Christ's love, then complete joy is available to me RIGHT NOW!

I pray that you will experience the joy of Christ, today!

No comments: