Friday, October 17, 2008

Distracted-Again, by Lon Alderman

Luke 10:41-42
But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

As I'm sure you've noticed I have not been posting to this blog much. I've been distracted with a project that has exacted a great deal of time. I'm in the process of developing a "page" on facebook where I can post information about Acorn Ministries.

My thought has been that if I get this page up and running then more people will hear about and come to understand my ministry. In the process, I got distracted from the ministry of encouraging people through the Build UP!

This happens spiritually, too! We get all balled up in serving God and forget to relate to Him. We get entangled in the issues within the church and forget to be the church. We get distracted with trying to preserve the church and forget the God it serves.

Stay focused!
Lon

By the way, you can check out my work on facebook by clicking on this link: Acorn on facebook

No comments: