Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Disappointment

Disappointment

Hebrews 13:5-6
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

I sent out an appeal letter recently asking people to support Acorn Ministries through prayer and financial gifts. Our ministry currently ends each month with an average deficit (i.e., the negative difference between income and expenses) of $500-$600. In response to the appeal we received a $10,000 check which would have covered most of the debt incurred over the last 18-months due to the monthly deficit. To say the least we were thrilled! Then came disappointment.

We discovered that the check was a mistake. The giver had meant to write a $1,000 check, not $10,000! In my disappointment God led me back to this passage in Hebrews. I'm not really dependent upon financial gifts; rather, I'm dependent upon the Lord! I don't really love money; rather, I love Jesus! And, there is no reason to be fearful of our monthly deficit and the growing debt it causes, because Christ is my helper!

Please join me in lifting up to the Lord that which causes you disappointment today. Let's give it, whatever "it" is, over to Jesus. Then let us find peace from knowing that God will never leave us and He will never forsake us!

Trusting God,
Lon

1 comment:

Bill Allison said...

I totally hear you Lon... I really do.

But $1,000 isn't a bad deal either... : )