Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Struggling

Struggling

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Have you noticed the inconsistency and the sporadic way in which I'm posting these Build Ups? There's a reason. The reason is that I've been struggling. Namely, I am struggling financially and I've allowed that struggle to throw me off my game.

I've allowed the challenges of this world to distract me from my purpose. It's sad when I profess a ministry of "using God's gifts to build up the body of Christ; the Church" and yet I stop building up as soon as the times get tough. There's no doubt in my mind that these are, in fact, tough times. However, the difficulty of the path doesn't give me an excuse to quit the journey and go home.

According to Oswald Chambers, "Faith must be tested, because it can only become your intimate possession through conflict." If our faith was never tested, then it would remain in a weakened, infant state. On the other hand, when we rely on God through the tough stuff our faith matures and grows strong.

Norman Vincent Peale
Through persistence, self-knowledge, prayer, commitment, optimism, a resolute trust in God and the building of your own personal moral strength, you can enjoy the blessings of a deeper faith and face the difficulties of life with courage and confidence.

Consider it pure joy!
Lon

The Daily Build Up is a FREE publication from Acorn Ministries. It's intention is to encourage people in their faith walk. If you would like to support this ministry, you can use your credit card or your PayPal account to make a tax deductible contribution by clicking on the following link:

Contributions can also be made by check to:

Acorn Ministries
101 West South Street
PO Box 237
Flanagan, IL 61740

Thank you for supporting this ministry of encouragement that is making an impact around the world!

No comments: