Sunday, August 19, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Get set, Go!

Get set, Go!

Hebrews 12:1
...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

God marks out for each of us a race to run. Our unique course is designed by God with our individual gifts and graces in mind. Our path is planned to bring glory to God as we participate in the building of God's kingdom.

Sadly, I fall so short of my potential. I allow myself to be hindered and entangled by things of this world. The more I become ensnared the slower I move. Often I consider taking what looks like an easier path.

This passage reminds us to remove anything that hinders us or impedes our progress. It reminds us to keep moving forward despite the difficulty. It calls for us to find our marks, to get set, and to GO!

Have a great run!
Lon

No comments: