Monday, June 11, 2007

Acorn Build Up: The Lord Knows

The Lord Knows

Psalms 139:1-5
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

The psalmist goes on to say that "such knowledge it too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." (vs. 6) It is truly difficult to imagine that God can be this intimately aware of who we are and what we do. And, since it is so difficult to get our heads around it, we tend to ignore the fact that God does know EVERYTHING!

For most of my life this understanding is a shameful one. I know what I've done and who I was. However, as my faith matures, the fact that God is aware of every detail in my life is actually becoming a comfort.

He knows when my enemies assail me. He knows when my words are misunderstood, twisted, or taken out of context. He knows when I restrain my urges. He knows when I avoid temptation. He knows that though I fail on a daily basis, that my heart is in the right place. He knows how much I want to serve Him. He knows how hard I try. He knows the difficulty of the road I'm traveling.

The Lord knows.
Lon

No comments: