Thursday, June 14, 2007

Acorn Build Up: God's Workmanship

God's Workmanship


Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I once saw an awesome Christian singer/songwriter perform a song called "Masterpiece in Progress". The singer, Jeff Steinberg, is a man that has overcome tremendous obstacles in his life. You see Jeff has no arms and his legs are badly deformed. Now he sings of God's workmanship: "Jesus is working on me and I'm becoming what He wants me to be".

I'll likely never forget that night seeing Jeff belt out this amazing song. I sat across from Jeff at supper that night. Somehow my friends and I ended up in one of the very front tables and Jeff was seated with us. I had no idea he was performing that evening. Frankly, I thought he was seated there as a courtesy because of his disability. That's what I saw; his disability. When dinner was over, much to my surprise, Jeff was helped onto the stage to entertain and encourage us.

We truly are masterpieces in progress designed to do the good works God has placed before us. Thanks, Jeff!

If you have a moment, please check out Jeff's ministry by clicking on this link: Jeff Steinberg

No comments: