Monday, June 04, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Content

Content


Matthew 5:5 The Message
You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.

In yesterday's Build Up on Comfort, I shared a passage from The Message, which is a Bible in contemporary language written by Eugene Peterson. I was curious about his interpretation of other passages in the section called the beatitudes. This verse caught my eye.

Contentment has been an illusive state of mind for me. I've always thought that I would find contentment around the next corner. I've suffered from what I call "If I only..." disease. If I only had a little more money, then I'd be content. If I only lost some weight, then I'd be content. If I only had a different job, then I'd be content.

Jesus calls us to accept who we are right now and we will be blessed.

Be content.
Lon

No comments: