Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guest Encourager: Rachel Smith "Home"

Home

2 Corinthians 5:6-9
Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

Where do you want to live? Have you ever really thought about this? I’m sure you have. We have all toyed with the idea of relocation at one point or another. Sometimes these dreams are prompted by job turmoil or opportunity. Sometimes they are prompted by weather. I choose to live in Illinois. This is one of the few states in which you can run the heater and the air condition in your car on the same day! But even beyond the blistering heat or frigid cold wind, it is a longing to be with my mother or my brother which gets me to day dreaming of moving. On more than one day I have thought how wonderful it would be to go ‘home’ to the town in which I grew up.

The reality is I don’t really like that town. I have never cared for large cities or crowds and my children and husband are quite content in our sleepy little town. What I long for is my family, that feeling of ‘home’. God’s word reminds me I am never truly ‘home’ in a small town or a large city. My true ‘home’ is with the Father. When I am again reunited with the Father and all of my family, I will be ‘home!’ So, ask me where would I like to live?

At the feet of Jesus.

Rachel Smith

Note from Lon: Rachel's post represents the 200th post since I started this blog in October 2006! Praise the Lord for His blessings upon this ministry of encouragement! If you'd like to support this ministry financially, please click here.

No comments: