Thursday, September 20, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Reliance

Reliance

1Timothy 6:17
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

Hope must rest upon something reliable. What in the world is trustworthy? Upon what can I truly rely? In what can I place my hope?

In my life I have relied upon many things, but none of them deserved my hope. Wealth, skills, personality, dumb luck, other people, good looks (this was a long time ago!) and organizations are a few places in which I've misplaced my hopes. Eventually every one of them let me down.

There is only One trustworthy enough for me to rely upon. That one is God. God will NEVER let us down.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."

F.R.O.G. (Fully Relying On God)
Lon

No comments: