Saturday, September 08, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Another Quiet Place

Another Quiet Place

Mark 6:31-32
Then because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, [Jesus] said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quit place and get some rest." So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.

Tomorrow (Sunday) morning I am going away to a very quiet place. I am leading a group of men on a seven-day backpacking expedition on Isle Royale National Park. The park is an island in Lake Superior that can only be reached by plane or boat. We will take a 3-hour boat ride to reach the island.

Our purpose is to retreat and to spiritually recharge. My guess is that we will face an adventure or two along the way. Two requests:

1. Please pray for me and the other men throughout the next week.

2. Please excuse yet another absence from this blog.

God is good!
Lon

No comments: