Sunday, March 11, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Possible Mission

Possible Mission

Romans 12:18
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

What a challenging thought! Frankly, my natural tendency is to avoid people with whom I have previously had difficulties. I figure if I just stay out of their way I won't have to deal with them. Unfortunately, I don't think that is what the writer of this verse intended. And I know that's not what God has in mind.

To the best of our ability we are to live at peace with, dare I repeat it, everyone! That means the cranky people and the people that we don't understand. It means the people older than us and the younger ones too. It means our boss and our subordinate. Everyone.

Let's start out our new week with this verse on our hearts.

Peace,
Lon

No comments: