Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Heart Starter #3: Tower

Recently, I introduced a tool called "Heart Starters" to use at the beginning of church meetings, youth group, retreats, small group or anywhere else you want to focus a group on God. As I argued in the initial post (Introducing "Heart Starters") I believe that when the church gathers for a meeting it ought to look different than the secular meetings we attend. With this in mind I started creating Heart Starters.

Today I am excited to post a third Heart Starter titled "Towers"! This activity will guide your group into a discussion about the need for cooperation between the parts of the body of Christ. Click on this link for a one page PDF that describes the entire activity.

Heart Starter #3: Tower

Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, I'd love to hear (and share) how people are using these. And, if you have an idea for a Heart Starter, please let me know so we can share it with everyone!

Enjoy!
Lon

For a complete list of Heart Starters, click on the Heart Starters label below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lon,

I LOVE this new twist to a familiar experiential learning activity. Brilliant! Keep these coming, because like this one they all help us "Build Up" the Body of Christ.

Mark Sturgell

Lon Alderman said...

Thanks, Mark! I apologize for taking an extra day to get this posted!

Thanks for your encouragement! I hope to post your "values" exercise as the next Heart Starter. Thanks again for sharing that one!

Blessings!
Lon