Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pancake Recipe - just for fun!

I participated in a 46-hour retreat on September 17-19 with two great friends. Our purpose was to discern God's will for the future of Acorn Ministries (www.AcornMinistries.com). It was an awesome experience!

We ate well during the retreat, too! I've had a request for my family's pancake recipe and thought it'd be fun to share it here:


Grampa's Pancake Recipe

* Note: makes "thin and rubbery" pancakes

Dry ingredients

1 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt


Wet ingredients
1 cup buttermilk

3/4 cup milk

1 egg

2 tablespoon sugar (I realize it's a dry ingredient, but this is where you mix it)

1 tablespoon melted butter (or vegetable oil)


Instructions
- mix "dry" and "wet" ingredients separately

- then mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- heat griddle until a sprinkle of water "dances" on the surface

- place desired amount of batter on griddle and gently swirl each pancake with laddle
- flip when bubbles start to form
- when cooked, place pancakes on a plate and cover with a bowl to maintain heat/moisture

Enjoy!
Lon

4 comments:

Bahamabob said...

Having grown up watching my Mom bake from scratch, I am not surprised the sugar is dissolved in the wet ingredients! This sounds good. I have not seen sugar IN the pancakes so I am sure that is a secret, and how to add it. Thanks for the recipe, Bob.

Lon Alderman said...

You are most welcome! I hope you will enjoy them as much as my family has enjoyed them for three generations!

Unknown said...

I can personally testify, Grandpa's pancakes are great! Let's just say that three of us polished off a double batch, maybe a little more, and a pound of sausage. Gluttony - maybe. I prefer to think Lon's pancakes are redeeming!

Lon Alderman said...

I wish I would have thought to upload the picture I took of the pile of pancakes we ate! See if this link will work:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30689811&l=3eb3a4fd78&id=1127059714

I think this might have been the first plate! :-)