Monday, May 25, 2009

Plow Now, by Lon Alderman

Today's Build UP is inspired by my friend Mark Sturgell. His blog post today really hit me between the eyes. You can check out his post through this link:

The Intersection of Purpose and Now

Mark teaches...

Time is linear. We have no control over time. Each of us has 24 hours in each day. That will not change. There is no such thing as time management. We have the moment – this moment - to work with. We have Now. That’s all we own, all we are given true stewardship over. We cannot travel into the past or the future, even for a moment. This one is all we have.

My purpose is to build up the body of Christ, the Church. I do this by encouraging and equipping church leaders. Today, after reading Mark's blog, I realized that the most purposeful use of my "now" was to construct a Build UP. So...

I opened up my blog page and started keyboarding. The next thing I knew the blog was written! My hope is that you will be encouraged by this post. If you are, then my purpose is achieved!

Proverbs 20:4
A sluggard does not plow in season;
so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing.

Plow now!
Lon
www.AcornMinistries.com


No comments: