Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Acorn Build Up: Gratitude

Gratitude

1Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I want to take this opportunity on the eve of Thanksgiving to express my gratitude to the Lord for His amazing provision.

I thank God for:

* Jesus who said, I "have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life..." (John 6:38,40)

* my beautiful wife and partner in Acorn Ministries, Julie

* my amazing daughters (Gina, Kassidy, and Katie) who bring joy to my life every day

* my friends and family that support Acorn Ministries with their prayers and their finances

* the privilege of encouraging and equipping church leaders

What are you thankful for?

Please send me your thoughts of gratitude so I can post them on this blog. You can send your thanksgiving thoughts to me at: Lon@AcornMinistries.com or you can post a comment on this blog. Subscribers can post comments by clicking on the "Daily Build Up: Gratitude" link above and then click "comments".

God is good! ~ All the time!
Lon

1 comment:

heiress said...

Well, I did write a comment on Thanksgiving but somehow I think I sent it to someone else. So Whoever reads that, may they enjoy my grattitude.
I am thankful for faith, friends and family. I am thankful that the King of the universe decided to give up all so I may have some. I am thankful to God for everyday of what doesn't happen in my life that could.
God is good, all the time.
All the time, God is good.