Wednesday, March 18, 2009

LIfting Exercises, by Lon Alderman

1Thessalonians 5:12-13 (The Message)
And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love!

------------

If you hadn't heard, church leadership is challenging! The demands and expectations of the job are off the charts! Once upon a time being a church leader was a high status and low stress occupation. Not anymore! I think it is pretty safe to say that the opposite is true today!

One of the cool things on our church calendars is the "Pastor Appreciation" month! I've actually communicated with the guy that started this movement! (BTW, please pray for Jerry!) What I'd love to see is for this cool month of celebrating our church leaders to spill out into the rest of the calendar. Toward that end, I've started compiling a resource of different ways to encourage church leaders. Here's the link: Lifting Exercises

Please consider telling me about the ways you lift your leaders and I'll share them with our fellow "Lifters"!

Happy lifting!
Lon

No comments: