Thursday, December 11, 2008

Time Part I, by Rachel Smith

Do you have a minute?

I mean really, just one?

If you are like 90% of Americans the answer is no. In our fast paced culture we rarely find time to squeeze in an extra trip to the bathroom or a coffee break.

We cringe at those words, "Do you have a minute" We focus on the predicted outcome. We have already decided this other person is going to request something that will take much more than a minute to accomplish. And in our over booked lives we feel exhausted to fit in one more persons "do you have a minute" request. So in your head you scream, "NO! I DO NOT HAVE A MINUTE AND IF I DID, I WOULD ______" But you smile, tilt your head and reluctantly say “sure" all the while formulating a way out of the request that has yet to be uttered.

Do we respond the same when God calls? Or are we coming up with a reason for not having the time?

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

No comments: